Fading Towards Glory


Paul said in 2 Cor 5:1a “Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed…” I am coming to the experiential realization that our earthly tent WILL definitely be destroyed. Our bodies will wind down and decay as we grow older. Already I take a longer time to share off an ailment. Last Sunday I fell sick with all the flu-like symptoms except fever. I went to see the doctor. I was actually recovering already when I finished the medication course yesterday. But lo and behold, as I was sleeping last night, I started coughing again. Even as I write this, I am thinking that I am on a time-clock that will soon lose its spring. Only God knows when.

Yet I thank and praise God for the promise of 2 Cor 5:1b, “we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.” And to make sure we don’t miss the point Paul says, Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose…” (2 Cor 5:5). That is really grace, because we who deserve to be cursed have instead been endowed with blessing. Its like Warren Buffet strolling past you in your beggar clothes and then he suddenly stops and tells you, “Here, son, I am going to take you home to live in my house and everything I have there is yours.” Buffet has the legal right to ignore you and just pass you by, but he does not because of the grace he wishes to bestow on you. Multiply that to the nth degree and you still will not achieve the grace that God has bestowed on you, through his only Son Jesus Christ

What is our response then?

Comments

Popular Posts